Jessica Stallings – Marketing Consultant
The Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement Act (SECURE Act) was signed by President Trump December 20th and became Law January 1st 2020. The goal of the act is provide tools, together with tax relief, for the purpose of better preparing Americans for retirement.
The average consumer has been flooded with information since the start of the year, but most are still finding themselves in search of answers about what changes may impact their individual situations. As an advisor, the changes may seem simple to you, however your clients need to be educated and will be looking to you for your expertise to get all their concerns addressed.
Don’t assume your clients or prospects understand how the SECURE Act affects them. This is the perfect opportunity to engage with them.
We have created a customizable Secure Act Flyer for your convenience. Use this piece in your client and prospect communication in conjunction with any of marketing tactics listed below:
- Host an Educational Event specifically on the state of the economy and new law changes
- Host a Dinner Seminar or Workshop on any topic and plug in the SECURE Act information
- Send out an email blast including the SECURE Act flyer
- Send an informative newsletter with suggested bullet points or flyer
- Post a blog on your website (Bonus: Share it on Facebook)
- Add top-of-mind bullet points to your current event invitations (see options below)
Top bullet points to add to your mailers:
- Learn the key take-aways from the SECURE Act
- Learn about the new opportunities created under the SECURE Act
- Learn what pitfalls to avoid under the SECURE Act, especially as it relates to your retirement
- Understand why an emphasis on guaranteed lifetime income was created in sections 203 & 204 of the SECURE Act
- Five steps for every American to take right now in response to the SECURE Act
- Why does the SECURE Act put a bright spotlight on annuities?
- Find out why you may want to update your retirement and estate plans due to the SECURE Act
- Stretch IRAs have been eliminated by the SECURE Act. What options are available for your heirs?
Please reach out to your Marketing Consultant if you would like help with additional collateral and/or planning your event about the SECURE Act.